I no longer have a Valentine’s and feel out of the loop with all of these great Valentine’s crafts around. I wanted to do something but what to do if I have no one to send anything to ? So I decided to make a Simple Valentine’s love decoration for my kitchen after all I love the heart of my home and the people that frequent it, so how about celebrating that for a change.
How to make a Simple Valentine’s Love Decoration
- A square wooden block – mine was 51/2 in x 51/2in and I used an off cut I had left over from another craft.
- Cream and red paint
- A heart shaped punch
- patterned paper
- Chipboard letters – I used old Basic Grey ones I had from my scrapbooking days
- Chipboard heart shape and paper ribbon.
The How to Bit
- First thing I did was sand down the wood and then I painted the block with cream chalk paint which I actually wiped with cloth to reveal the grain of the wood slightly.
- Then while that dried I painted the chipboard letters I had red as mine were plain all expect the O which was painted cream.
- Then I cut the patterned paper into hearts – I used a punch but you could do it by hand.
- I positioned everything onto my block until I was pleased with how it looked and then glued everything into place.
It looks great on my dresser in the kitchen and it is nice to celebrate love in all sorts of forms.
For more Valentines posts why not check out these
- Red Velvet Push Pop Cakes for Valentine’s
- 3 Sweet Treats for your Valentine
- Valentine’s Meal Planning
Have a lovely weekend and hope you do something Crafty Amber xx