Going Green needn’t cost you the earth. Here are my 10 Ways to Save the Environment without breaking the Bank.
Going green can seem totally overwhelming — not to mention expensive. But if you break things down a little, converting to an environmentally friendly household isn’t actually as tough as you think. Why not try these 10 changes to help the environment and your wallet.
10 Quick Ways to Save the Environment
1. Pay your bills online (and opt for paperless billing) to reduce paper usage and postage costs. Some companies even offer you money off to do this.
2. Talking about heating bills turning your heating down just 2°C and you will save money and use up less fuel.
3. Make it a habit to carry a reusable water bottle instead of buying bottled water. Buy one with a built-in filter to avoid tap water if that’s important to you. You can pick up a cheap one here for under 5 pounds.
4. Take the stairs instead of the elevator (great for the environment and your health).
5. Your computer may go to sleep, but it’s still sucking up energy. Turn your computer and monitor off at the end of the day.
6. Recycle — all the cool kids are doing it these days! Not sure what is recyclable? Check out this handy recycle chart from Recycle Ireland
7. Repair your leaky taps, install water-saving toilets and shower heads, and only run the clothes washer or dishwasher with full loads. This will save water and money on your bills.
8. Make your own Chemical-Free Housecleaner
EASY ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER
For a solution that will wipe up messy spots, mix two cups of white vinegar with equal parts water (plus a little essential oil, like tea tree, rosemary or lavender, to add a fragrance, if you want one). To boost its cleaning power, warm it in the microwave in a glass container.
9. Keep your freezer full — it runs more efficiently than an empty one. To save Money why not try Freezer Meal Planning which saves Money
10. Ladies why not use chlorine-free feminine hygiene products, or try products like the menstrual cup. I highly recommend the Menstrual cup, yes there is an initial outlay but so much money is wasted on disposable sanitary products, which create environmental nightmares and a big hole in our pocket! A Menstrual Cup can save you over €3,000 and help protect the world we live in. Get yours to try here. I have to say I am so glad I have mine, I find it easy to use and comfortable.
If you start now, you and your family can be well on your way to feeling good about your small carbon footprint and your wallet will feel the benefits too. Save the Environment and Save Money.
If you enjoyed this post try more frugal and environmentally-friendly ideas here
- 15 ways to save money you can try today
- Seed Bombs that Actually Work for Earth Day
- 6 Great Frugal Gardening Tips
- How do you save money Meal Planning?
You can get more tips like this weekly in the Snapshot and Snippets newsletter. Also, you get exclusive family-friendly recipes and gardening tips. Sign up today and also receive a free Recipe book
If you liked this post Please Share ====>