Hello, My lovelies, I have been away I know but I am back still Organic Gardening and trying to live a Natural healthy lifestyle in Body and Mind. This week I made this tasty Wholesome Roasted Butternut Squash and Pepper Soup with Chickpeas. This tasty soup is only 169 calories a bowl and you get protein from the chickpeas which keeps you full until dinner time.
Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein, healthy fats, fibre, carbohydrates, and a long list of vitamins and minerals. This versatile little seed makes a great meat substitute for vegetarians and vegans.
How to make this fabulous Wholesome Roasted Butternut Squash and Pepper Soup with Chickpeas.
- First turn on your oven to 180°C or 350° F and prepare a Butternut Squash and a red pepper chopped into small pieces onto a baking tray.
2. Spray with Frylight Olive Oil and add some sea salt. pepper and herbs and bake for 30 – 40 minutes. I also roasted the butternut squash seeds to use as a garnish and a healthy snack.
3. In a pot lightly fry a diced red onion and add the baked butternut squash and red pepper. Add 2 pints of vegetable stock and half a tin of chickpeas ( drained)
4. Bring the soup to the boil and then lower to a simmer for an hour.
5. Blitz the soup with a hand- blender if you like it less lumpy and garnish with the Butternut Squash Seeds ( optional)
I love this soup it is so warming and filling and full of natural ingredients perfect for an Autumn day. See the full recipe below
I hope this soup warms you up on a cold Autumn day x
If you are looking for more soup recipes try these tasty dishes here
- Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- 5 Fall Soups to warm you up
- Chicken and Mediterranean Vegetable Soup
- Speedy Soup Rolls and Root Vegetable Soup
- Leek and Potato Soup and Homemade croutons
If you are looking for more types of recipes or anything else on Snapshot and Snippets why not check out my Welcome to Snapshot and Snippets page. Or you can sign up for my Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter below for access to my latest Recipe Ebook.
This Image is Pinnable ====>