At the moment in the Snapshot and Snippets Organic Kitchen, the star of the show is Kale. I am loving it fresh from the garden. Kale is very high in nutrients and very low in calories, making it one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Loaded with Anti-oxidants and Vitamin C and Vitamin K. It is a Superfood. Not only that, it tastes great and I wanted a recipe that made into a family friendly, easy to whip up recipe. So here we have Garden Gluten-free Kale and Mushroom Pasta!
The Great thing about this Gluten free Kale and Mushroom Pasta is its adaptability while keeping Kale at the heart of it.
- What some meat in it, add in some sliced smoked bacon or chorizo in the pan.
- Don’t like gluten-free pasta use wholewheat or plain.
- Want it to be a vegan recipe, leave out the parmesan and use some Vegan Parmesan from the Minimalist Baker.
- Can’t get chestnut mushrooms in your supermarket pick up button mushrooms, it is all good.
Gluten Free Kale and Mushroom Pasta
Such a Nutritious and versatile dish with Kale at the heart of it
- 1 lb. gluten-free corn pasta
- 1 medium onion
- 2 package chestnut mushrooms – I got mine in Lidl
- 5 oz. fresh kale
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- A splash of Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ⅓ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Cook pasta as label directs.
- Meanwhile, heat 12-inch pan on medium-high until hot. Add onion and garlic*; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring. (If pan begins to scorch, add 1/4 cup water.) Stir in mushrooms; cook 8 minutes or until softened, stirring often.
- Drain pasta; return to pot. Add kale, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Toss on medium-low until well mixed. Top with Parmesan.
* if you wanted to add smoked bacon or chorizo add it to the pan here
So Quick and easy and perfect for a tasty dinner or a quick lunch. I have converted many a “won’t eat a green vegetable” person to a Kale fan with this dish.
If you enjoyed this recipe here are some more garden recipes for you enjoy
- Chorizo and Garden Vegetable Pasta
- Slow-cooker Rustic Ratatouille
- Tasty Root vegetable Gratin
- Gherkins and Dill Pickles recipe
If you enjoyed this recipe learn more about Snapshot and Snippets here or you can sign up for Our Snapshot and Snippets Weekly Newsletter with Exclusive recipes like this week’s Gluten-free Apple cake.
And Please share this post this Image is Pinnable ====>