To make your own Glittery shoes
- One pair of shoes – preferably not suede or material.
- PVA glue
- Glitter – We used 3 different shades Blue, Silver, Gold
- Lots of newspaper
The How to Bit
First a word of warning – this is a messy craft we had to do it outside and on newspaper and glitter was everywhere.
- If the shoes are patent leather rub them with fine sand paper to get a key for your glue.
- Paint with a layer of PVA and add the first coat of glitter.
- Catch the glitter on paper and reuse to save on waste
- Once the first layer is dry repeat the process again.
- Once the second coat is dry do, one one layer to get every part of the shoe.
- Finally, put a final layer of just PVA on to seal the shoes – so glitter is not following you in a trail where ever you go and clean the inside of the shoes.
- Cinderella you may go to the ball 🙂
I have to say I am surprised at just how well the Glittery shoes have held up. I really didn’t think they would be wearable after the Debs night but they were fine. In fact, the shoes have been out a couple more times and the top picture was taken today. Bar a tiny mark on one heel they are still glittering away.
If you enjoyed this post we have more Crafts for you to try below
- Make your own crochet hook/ Makeup brush case
- 3 Cool Crochet Headbands
- How to make a Coiled Wool Bowl
If you like Snapshots and Snippets sign up to our Weekly newsletters with exclusive recipes, hints and tips and Summer activities for kids
THIS IS PINNABLE ====>