What better way to cool down in this gorgeous sunshine than with Homemade strawberry ice-cream.
As you know I love strawberry season and the strawberries just keep coming and the days have been getting warmer. I love it when we get a proper summer in Ireland and if you want to make it a truly decadent dessert add some Strawberry and Chocolate Fritters and your family will love you.
Homemade Strawberry Ice-cream
- 1 carton of double cream
- 1 tin of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar or honey ( honey will alter the flavour slightly but is more natural )
- Strawberries I used a small cartons worth I would say.
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
The How to Bit
- Chop up your strawberries.
- Whip up your double cream until it is in soft peaks then slowly add your evaporated milk and vanilla essence
- Add your sugar and 3/4 of your strawberries and whip until it turns light pink – if you want it pinker you could add food colouring but I was trying to keep it natural as possible.
- Finally stir in the remaining 1/4 of your strawberries and mix through so you have strawberry chucks through your ice-cream.
- Place in a freezer container and put in the freezer.
- After a couple of hours remove and mix again if you are worried about ice-crystals but this made a very smooth, creamy Ice-cream for me.
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy as my Dad is fond of saying 🙂
Make these lovely Strawberry Fritters to go with your Homemade Strawberry Ice-cream.
Strawberry and Chocolate Fritters
- Chocolate chips of your choice – I used dark because I love it but others would work
- Vegetable or sunflower oil to fry
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free flour or plain
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1tsp Vanilla essence
The How to Bit
- Hull your strawberries so you leave a hole in the middle. I used a straw to hull mine.
- Fill the hole with your chocolate of choice.
- Heat a pan of Sunflower oil
- Roll the strawberries in the batter and drop them carefully into the hot oil frying until golden brown.
- Serve with ice-cream.
Looking for More Strawberry recipes?
- Easy Strawberry and Cream Pie
- Strawberry Meringues recipe
- Strawberry Prosecco Trifle with Chocolate stars
- Almond Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Strawberry Cupcakes
Want to learn how to grow your own strawberries?
I have a great post called 10 tips for Great Strawberries, if you want to grow your own .
I hope you enjoy these recipes they are a total indulgence on my part and under that list of “TREATS” 🙂
You can also sign up for the Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter and get access to my most recent FREE Recipe Ebook
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE =====>