As you may know, I am trying to “Spring Clean” my diet so I am trying Healthy Meal Planning. All my recipes are healthy and nourishing with Low-fat alternatives. The only thing that is not healthy is our treat on Sunday, but I will give you a healthy dessert alternative. But remember a treat is good for you and okay in moderation. By the way, if you wonder why I never plan Breakfast or Lunch here are the reasons.
- Breakfast is usually porridge – I am the Porridge queen. you can find my Apple Cinnamon Porridge Recipe here
- We all bring packed lunches so salad or soup and some fruit and I have lots of tasty soup recipes like Chicken and Mediterranean Vegetable Soup
Healthy meal Planning is great as you can stick to a healthy diet and not reach for the takeaway menu.
[tweetthis]Get your Healthy Meal Plan today – save money and eat healthy[/tweetthis]
Here is this week’s Healthy Meal Planning Menu
Healthy Meal Plan March 27th
We are having a slow-cooker Spaghetti which I am about to pop in the slow cooker after this post. You can use Quorn or low-fat steak mince to make this a healthy dish and add lots of vegetables. Serve with Spaghetti Squash or Wholewheat Pasta or Zoodles. Mince is on Special in Lidl this week.
Bacon and Chorizo Gratin is a great family dish. You can make it low-fat by making it with natural yoghurt and reduced-fat cheese. It tastes great without the added fat. You could even try it with Sweet Potato (I haven’t yet !)
We will be having Gluten -free pizza as my eldest has been diagnosed with a gluten allergy. You can have your pizza eat it on a healthy diet. Use low-fat Mozzarella and lots of tasty veggies as topping you can even make Cauliflower Crust like this tasty version from Sliming world
Or try The Whole Wheat recipe below
Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup warm (105°F – 110°F) water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Put the warm water, oil, and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle in the yeast. Let stand 5 minutes until foamy.
- Combine both flours in a food processor. With the machine running, pour the yeast mixture through the feed tube. After the dough forms a ball, move it to a lightly floured counter. Knead briefly until smooth and elastic.
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick spray; put the dough in the bowl. Cover tightly ordering flagyl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm spot until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Punch down dough and roll into a 12-inch circle. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the dough on the tray and top as desired. Bake until light brown and crunchy, 12 to 15 minutes.
My Low-fat Beef Goulash was featured on Wayfair recently and I am thrilled about that. It is a handy Slow-cooker dish, is healthy and tasty what more could you ask for? Oh yes Beef is on Special offer in Aldi this week
Eating fish is great for adults and kids, we could all use more fish in our diets why not try this Fantastic Fish Pie? It is a great fish recipe and Seafood mix is one special in Lidl this week.
Another special offer this week is Sweet and Sour pork in Lidl. It is very tasty and makes this Sweet and Sour Pork With Cashew Stir-fry so easy to make. Serve with Brown rice for a healthy alternative to Chinese takeaway and just think of the money you will save!
I will be having Roast Chicken and new potatoes with salad for dinner. And I have a tasty recipe for these Almond Petit fours coming up this Friday with a cake box to gift them in!!
And for a healthy alternative why not try my Nectarine sorbet.
I hope you enjoy these healthy recipes, creating a healthy eating plan needn’t be hard and there are plenty of alternative recipes over at I am an Organizing Junkie’s Menu Planning Monday Link up.
I have collected all my recipes together for you on my new Recipe page. Or you can sign up for the Snapshot and snippets Newsletter and get a beginner guide to Meal planning with all my printables.
You can shop this post -affiliate link
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE====>