You know those weekends when surprise guests turn up and you are stuck for ideas, well that happened this weekend to me. Meal Planning hadn’t accounted for that !! And thanks to Aldi having a special offer on Chinese chicken pieces and a Easy Chinese Chicken was born.
EASY CHINESE CHICKEN with Five-spice stir-fry and wholemeal noodles chow mien style.
- Chinese Chicken legs from Aldi – Link here ( there until Wednesday the 22nd July)
- Frozen stir fry Asian Vegetables ( so handy and cheap – I always have a bag in the freezer)
- Wholemeal noodles
- Garlic 2 cloves crushed
- A small piece of ginger chopped fine
- 2tsp Five Spice
- Sesame oil.
- dark soy sauce – 4 tsp
- light soy sauce -4 tbsps
- oyster sauce ( or hoisin ) -4 tbsps
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2sps brown sugar
THE HOW TO BIT
- But the chicken legs in the oven and cook as instructed, told you this was easy.
- Heat up a wok with sesame oil in it and add the garlic and the garlic and the frozen veg, add the five spice as you stir.
- Cook the noodles in a pot and drain and set to one side.
- To make the chow mien sauce – put the soy sauce, buy avodart us light soy, oyster sauce, cornflour, and sugar into a pot and cook until thickened then add the noodles and coat thoroughly just before serving.
You can add the veg to the noodles – mine prefer them separate.
Want to make this a Chinese style banquet – serve with spring rolls for starters and Pineapple Fritters in Syrup with ice-cream for dessert and your guests will love you for it and think you are a star.
I hope you enjoy this Easy recipe if you are looking for other quick recipes then why not try these recipes below.
- Easy Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella Puff-pastry Slice
- Quick and Easy Pork stir-fry with Cashew Nuts
- Effortlessly Easy and Tasty Tortellini
- Quick and Easy Bacon and Mushroom Pasta
Or you can check out my new recipe Page. Also, you can sign up for my Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter and get a Free copy of my Latest Recipe Ebook.
SAVE THIS IMAGE FOR LATER