Cute Christmas Wrapping -Vintage Cookie Tin
When it comes to Christmas wrapping I am all for the traditional wrapping paper and ribbon. But sometimes a gift calls for a little something special ! So how about updating a Vintage cookie Tin ?
I am always on the look out for tins and jars and baskets to make my gift a little special . So when I found this little Pink polka-dot cookie tin in a second hand shop. I knew I had to use it. It was, of course,empty and luckily clean inside.
You can also find old tins and adapt them by spray painting them.
How to Spray Paint an old Vintage Tin Storage container
Image from Cynthia Shaffer ( Because I forgot to take one ! Bad Blogger) Ps check out her tins they are amazing !!
You will Need
The How to Bit
- Make sure your tin is clean – clean out with dish soap and water and let dry
- Outside or somewhere you don’t mind getting paint layout your lid and tin on newspapers.
- Lightly sand each part of the tin to make a key for the paint and mask off any part you don’t dutasteride 0.5 mg want painted
- Spray a light coat of your primer and then leave to dry.
- With you spray paint spray two light coat – a heavy coat will drip . Allow to dry
NOTE: To Add Polka dots After you use your white primer cut out circles from sticky back plastic and place on the tin then spray on your top coats, Remove the dots carefully when completely dry !
You can always buy cookies and chocolates if you want – my youngest just wanted to make it all herself. Or you can fill you new tin with whatever you like.