I wanted to make Easter cookies but have no Easter cookie cutter shapes in my collection – my bunny cutter seems to have hopped off somewhere never to be found ( if you find my bunny cutter please send it home to Cavan – thank you x)
Anyhow what can a girl do with no money? I decided to look through my stash of random cookie cutters and see what I could come up with.
First cutter to play with was a circle and one quick reshape and we could have Easter egg cookies.
I made up chocolate chip sugar cookies ( recipe below ) and decorate them with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
But I still had cookie mixture and a hankering for more adventurous cookies which is when I found the present cutter in my Christmas stash.
Recipe For Sugar Easter Carrot Cookies
8oz or 1 cup of softened butter
10 oz Caster sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
16 oz plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
* For Chocolate chip cookies add the chips when you add the flour. I used about 1/2 bag of Dr Oetker chocolate chips.
1. In a large bowl mix together the butter and the sugar until smooth, beat in the eggs and the vanilla, then add the flour and baking powder and mix with a dough hook or your hands until a dough is formed – chill in the fridge for an hour.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C or 400 F and roll out your dough to about 1/4 thick and cut with your cookie cutter and place on a cookie tray.
3. Cook for 6- 8 minutes or until buy valtrex online no rx golden brown
4. Leave to cool before icing.
To ice use Royal Icing and makeup with food colouring and water as per instructions. Pipe around the edges and then fill in the middles and remove air bubbles with a toothpick.
For Chocolate Eggs – Melt some chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and dip the cookies in the chocolate or paint on chocolate stripes then pour on the sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.
This is how the carrot cookies turned out – my icing skills aren’t that great yet but there isn’t a single cookie left which means they went down a treat.
And these Easter Cookies would be brilliant pack up in bags for an Easter Party using Bunny Bait Toppers
So root through your supplies today and see what you can make 🙂
If you are looking for more cookie recipes try
- Tasty Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- Scrumptious Triple Chocolate Cookie
- Snowman cookies Christmas Cookie Exchange
If you are looking for more Easter Ideas you can check out these posts
- Last minute Easter Card and Easter Craft Round up
- Decorating your own Easter Eggs.
- Free Easter Cake toppers,Tags and Boxes
- Making a Quick and Easy Bunny Wreath for Easter
To find out more about my sites and what I do click on to the Start here Page where you find links to everything. Or you can sign up for the Snapshot and Snippets newsletter below which will give you access to exclusive recipes and hints and tips and access to my current Recipe ebook.
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE =====>