Sorry things have been a bit quiet truth be told blogging is the last thing on my mind at the moment but I have been working on some Christmas ideas with these lovely ribbons Fantastic Ribbons sent to me. And yes this is an affiliate post.
HOMEMADE STOCKING HANGERS
- Wooden Pegs
- 15mm Twill Ribbon Santa Claus is Coming
- Double sided tape
- Command Strips
- Red paint
- Christmas stickers
The How to Bit
The first thing I did was separate the wooden pegs and paint them with red acrylic paint and let them dry
You could leave them plain but I wanted them to be more festive. I put them back together and then attached the ribbon to one side using strong double-sided tape, I found this worked buy avodart online uk best but you can use PVA glue if preferred.
On the un-ribboned side add the Command Strip as instructed and finally decorate with Christmas sticker, these Christmas stickers were amazing value from my local bookshop at just 50c a packet.
Another idea for these pegs is to add a magnet to the back and use them to hang Christmas cards or Christmas shopping lists.
Sorry for the appalling lighting in my kitchen – this time of year the light goes quickly in Ireland.
The next ribbon I chose was From Our House to Yours at Christmastime. It is perfect for wrapping Christmas gifts and I wanted to make up some little Mason Jar gifts to give to friends.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Jars
- Little Mason Jar ( I got mine from Dunnes for €1.50)
- 10mm Twill From this House to Yours
- Hot chocolate power – one cup
- powdered milk – 1 tbsp
- vanilla sugar – 1or 2 dessert spoons
- 2 Candy cane crumbled into pieces.
- Christmas paper and stickers to decorate.
The How to Bit
- Sterilize the jars.
- Put ingredients in layers
- Chocolate at the bottom, powdered milk, sugar and then broken candy canes.
- Decorate the jar with Christmas paper and the Twill ribbon and add a tag. I have made some cute printable tags HERE