I love a good soup and I love it even more if I throw something together and it turns out great and this soup is just that – so today I am sharing my Chicken and Mediterranean Vegetable Soup . This delicious Chicken and Mediterranean soup is tasty and light and low fat. Perfect for Lunch!
This soup is great for making on a Monday if you have had a Roast chicken the day before.
- 1 pint of chicken stock – I pre-made mine with a leftover roast chicken on Sunday but you can use cubes.
- Left over Chicken – shredded
- One red onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- a cup of Passata
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Chopped Courgettes, cherry tomatoes, and Aubergine – I used a mixed bag of frozen veg from Supervalu for €2.00
- I also threw in chopped up left over roast potatoes to thicken it up ( optional )
THE HOW TO BIT
- In a pot sweat the onion and the garlic in a little Olive oil.
- Add the Mediterranean Veg and stir until softened.
- Add in the Chicken, Chicken stock, Passata, and potatoes and bring to the boil.
- Turn down and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
To bulk this up you could add in some order flagyl wholewheat pasta and, of course, serve with crusty bread.
You could always leave out the Chicken and just make Mediterranean Vegetable Soup with Vegetable stock, throw in some wholemeal pasta to bulk it out for a more filling meal.
Looking for more Tasty Soup Recipes?
If you are looking for more soup recipes check out
- Five Autumn Soups .
- Speedy Soup rolls and Root Vegetable soup has the tastiest rolls recipe
- Leek and Potato soup which comes with a recipe for homemade croutons
- looking for more Chicken ideas? My Chicken and Butternut Squash soup recipe is perfect.
If you are looking more recipe ideas or want to explore the site more head to my Start Here Page.
You can also sign up for my Snapshot and Snippets newsletter to gain access to my new Recipe E-book and lots of exclusive recipes, hints, and tips.
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE ======>