These are like a little taste of Autumn, Aldi had a special offer on Apples last week for 39c so I stocked up and these tasty morsels were the result. The addition of hazelnut gives it a nutty kick that is just divine.
The recipe is my adaptation of a Mary Berry recipe so you know it has to be good.
Apple and Hazelnut Muffins
- 250g (8oz) Self-raising flour €1.29 Aldi
- 175g (6oz) Caster Sugar €1.09 Aldi
- A pot of Hazelnut yoghurt. 37c Aldi
- 100g of Apples, peeled chopped 39 c ( special offer Aldi)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract €1.89 Aldi ( not sure that is right but it is lovely )
- 125 ml Milk
- 30g ( 1oz) butter
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- Hazelnuts ( optional)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Soft Cream Cheese €0.59 Aldi
- 4oz Butter € 2.19 Aldi or Supervalu
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
The How to Bit
- Mix the Apples, egg, buy avodart generic butter, milk, yoghurt and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the flour, sugar and fold into the wet mixture.
- Place into muffin cases in a muffin tin
- Place in a pre-heated oven 200 degrees c/400F for 10 minutes reduce to 180C/350F for 15 minutes cook until golden.
- To make the topping – chop the hazel nuts and place in a pan with the brown sugar on a medium heat for ten minute to caramelise them.
- Cream the cream cheese butter and icing sugar together with vanilla extract and pipe onto the muffins after they cool and top with nuts.
PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE
You can eat these straight from the oven warm without topping, they are lovely on their own but my youngest likes frosting. Thanks for stopping by, I love the fact that I have loyal readers who have stuck with me.If you would love to see more muffin recipes you could try my These Delicious Double Chocolate Muffins or these tasty Blueberry Crumble Mufins or you can link up with my Baking Board on Pinterest which has hundreds of tasty ideas