Why Amber’s Handmade Christmas Presents? Well one of my favourite programs recently had been Kirstie’s Handmade Christmas. I am a big fan of hers in fact, but while watching with my daughter’s they said Mammy you already do make a Handmade Christmas – so I thought I would share Amber’s Handmade Christmas Presents with you.
Every year I try and hand make some of my presents, even if it just stocking fillers it spreads the cost and makes me feel like I have given something more personal.
Handmade Christmas Stocking Fillers
2. I also made a couple of infinity scarves for my daughters the pattern is available here I made one in pink and green and one in silver and blue and both are still being used to this day. They make up easy and look great.
For the Crafter in your life
Perfect for Foodies
Hot Chocolate Mix
- 5 big spoons of hot chocolate
- 1 of powder milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- a layer of chocolate chips
- a layer of mini marshmallows to finish it off.
We found the easiest ways to fill the bags was to place the bag inside a glass and fill in layers. Then wrap the labels around and and attach to the bag by punching two holes in the top and threading ribbon through,
And Blue is available here
For the Children in your life
7. Also for the younger ones how about Homemade fairy door ?
I made this one last year for my niece Rachel , I had already got her a present when this request came in so I had to try and make my own and it was actually quite fun.
I cut it out of 1/4 mdf and painted it the whole thing. The hinges where scrap booking supplies, as were the decorations. I made the key by embossing a small cardboard key and placing it in a little glass jar locket.
8. Got a Frozen fan in the house what about making this amazingly cute Olaf – the pattern is available from One Dog Woof who I am a HUGE fan of and Olaf took me one evening to make.
Handmade Christmas for the Fashionista
9. Got a fashionista in your midst try making these gorgeous headbands – instructions available here. I made these for my eldest and she loved them again another evening project so pop on your favourite program and stitch away.
10. Last but not least for the gardener in your life what about this seed tape. So easy to make and you can make up any seed mix you like, I found scallions worked really well – they were tried and tested this summer. Link is here
If you like this post Check out my other Christmas Posts below
- The Ultimate Christmas Organising Checklist
- Fantastic Christmas Meal Planning
- Cute Christmas Wrapping -Vintage Cookie Tin
- Easy Christmas Pudding Pops