I made the fatal mistake of calling this Vegan " Ficken" Cacciatori on twitter and gave all the German's a giggle. But Ficken was meant to represent that is has fake chicken !! No chicken was harmed in the production of this tasty meal.
It is a slow cooker Vegan Cacciatori and you can just pop it in the slowcooker and get on with your day if you can ignore the amazing smells , that is!!
Why you should use a slow-cooker
- As a result of the long, low-temperature cooking, slow cookers help keep in the nutrients of certain vegetables
- A slow cooker brings out the flavour in foods.
- A wide variety of foods can be cooked in a slow cooker, including one pot meals, soups, stews and casseroles.
- A slow cooker uses less electricity than an oven which at the moment with the cost of living is one of the best reasons to get one
- If you have a time plug you can set it come on at the right time if you are out for the day
If a meal usually takes:
- 15 to 30 minutes: cook it for 4 - 6 hours on Low or 1 to 2 hours on High
- 30 minutes to 1 hour: cook it for 5 - 7 hours on Low or 2 - 3 hours on High
- 1 to 2 hours: cook it for 6 - 8 hours on Low or 3 - 4 hours on High
- 2 to 4 hours: cook it for 8 - 12 hours on Low or 4 - 6 hours on High R
- Root veggies can take longer than other veggies so put these close to the heat basis, at the bottom of the pot.