Acai Blueberry Waffles
I love a good breakfast waffle and many years ago on my old blog before I was Vegan I had this recipe . I was already thinking about becoming Vegan at that point and was changing my life.So here is the old post updated for you. At the Time I was working with Indigo Herbs and using their products.
" I started working with Indigo Herbs I knew I wanted to go the Vegan route. So I came up with a recipe for Acai Vegan Breakfast Waffles. These waffles had tough competition in our house after all I have been making waffles for years. They had to be light, fluffy, taste good and be healthy!!"
I will admit it took me three attempts at this recipe before I was happy – making waffles with no eggs or milk is hard! Finally, I made a recipe that my family would happily eat and wrote it down before I forgot.
WHY DID YOU USE ACAI POWDER IN YOUR VEGAN BREAKFAST WAFFLES?
My Mother has told me a lot about the benefits of Organic Acai Powder before I choose it. Acai is an indigenous berry commonly found in the rain forests of the Amazon. This antioxidant-rich Acai fruit has been heralded for centuries as a healing, immune-stimulating, energy-boosting fruit.
- Acai berry contains healthy fats like Omegas 3,6 & 9, to support healthy brain function. They are known an anti-oxidant, with a similar profile to blueberries, making it a free radical buster.
- Acai has a complex of 19 amino acids, supporting growth and repair of cells.
- The Berries are packed with vitamins, B1, B2, B3, C, E & Vit C'
- The powder is minerally rich with potassium, calcium, copper, magnesium & zinc in substantial quantities. 45% of the berry is made up of Dietary fibre.
- The berries are supposed to help you fight infection, lower your cholesterol, give you energy and is good for arthritis
- There are 0 – 30 times more anthocyanins in a glassful of Acai Berry than in a glass of red wine. Anthocyanins is the phyto-chemical that is named responsible for a healthy heart
- Most people describe the flavor of the Acai berry as being a cross between a rich blackberry or raspberry and a piece of dark chocolate
If they aren’t a few good reasons to try it in your waffles I don’t know what is!