Vegan Rogan Josh
As I said it is quick if you us my handy tip for peeling Butternut Squash
I know there are other recipes for Quick Vegan Rogan Josh but I had a butternut squash and a tin or two of Chickpeas to use so this is my take on it.
NEED A QUICK TIP FOR PEELING BUTTERNUT SQUASH FOR YOUR QUICK VEGAN ROGAN JOSH?
Peeling Butternut squash for Rogan Josh Curry Butternut Squash is such pain to peel, so I was delighted when I found out this tip. Start by making several large slits through the skin with the tip of a sharp knife. Microwave the butternut on high for approximately 3minutes to soften the skin. Remove the butternut squash from the microwave and let it rest for 1 to 2 min, or until it’s cool enough to handle. Then peel with a vegetable peeler- trust me it is much easier
Quick Vegan Rogan Josh Recipe
This tasty and quick Rogan josh will give you the taste of Indian take away with a healthy kick
- 2 onions
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 Red Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tins chickpeas
- 100 g prewashed baby spinach
- A handful of corriander
- A jar of Aldi finest Rogan Josh Paste
- 1 x 500g tub of natural vegan yoghurt
The How to Bit
- Peel and slice the onions and add to the large pan with a splash of water and a few good lugs of olive oil.
- Add your chopped Butternut squash to the pan with the pepper ( see my handy peeling tip above for butternut squash ).
- Trim the cauliflower and remove the outer leaves. Cut it into bite-sized chunks, and throw them into the pan.
- Crush in the unpeeled garlic. Finely chop the coriander (stalks and all). Reserve a few leaves for garnish and add the rest to the pan with a couple of generous splashes of boiled water
- Add the Rogan Josh paste and the tins of chickpeas.
- Season and stir well, then put a lid on. Cook hard and fast, stirring occasionally.
- After about 10 minutes, check and add a splash of water if it looks a bit dry. Stir, then replace the lid. After another 5-10 minutes, take the lid off. Do you need to adjust the consistency at this point? Taste and add a pinch of salt, if needed, then add the spinach and stir through.
- Spoon the yoghurt over the curry, sprinkle with the rest of the coriander leaves and serve with basmati rice.