Last week was my gorgeous nephew Ryan's first birthday, I can't believe how quickly it has flow and how big he is getting and I wanted to make something for his room. I thought a canvas would be a great idea and picked the colours from his decor.
I mean seriously how cute is that kid ? Also I have yet to meet a kid yet that doesn't like elephants so I went with that out-line.
I have made a printable template if you would like to make your own version.
- A canvas we used a 6 x 6
- Patterned papers in the colours you prefer
- 4 Buttons and embroidery thread
- pva glue
- Material scraps for your cloud
- letter stickers if you wish to add a name
- Brad or button for the eye.
The How to Bit
- Print out the template and cut out an elephant and an ear out of patterned paper
- Use the cloud template to cut a cloud out of material - you can use any type you prefer
- Glue your elephant down and add the ear and the eye.
- Edge the cloud with a simple running stitch in embroidery thread and glue in place.
- To add the buttons, attach the embroidery thread by lacing through the buttons and gluing, I threaded the ends through a small button with I placed on the end of the trunk.
- Add the letters for the name and you are done.
A quick and easy way to brighten up any little person's room.